Bareboat Charter Policies
1. Advance reservations recommended.
2. Reservations require a 50% deposit by cash, check, Visa or Mastercard.
3. Cancellations within 30 days of holiday related charters and within 10 days of all others will result in forfeiture of deposit. No cancellation fee will be charged if Texas Sailing cancels the charter due to imbedded rain showers, small craft warnings, or limited visibility due to fog. Cancellation by the charterer due to light or scattered showers, light winds, no sun, unsatisfactory temperatures or other reasons not indicated above will result in a cancellation fee.
4. Refundable security deposit required, subject to provisions as outlined in Charter Agreement.
5. Yacht Damage Waiver (YDW) required: $15 per day to 23’, $25 per day 24' and up.
6. Please, No black or hard soled shoes, No hard sided coolers, No red wine, and No pets.
7. See below for terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
1. Reservation: In making the reservation and paying the required deposit, the “charterer” agrees to the terms and conditions contained herein. Charterer also agrees to read, sign, and comply with the charter contract in use at the time of reserved charter.
2. Delivery: Texas Sailing will deliver the yacht in full commission and ready for service. Should the reserved yacht not be available for service, Texas Sailing reserves the right to substitute a similar yacht of equal or greater length. The charterer must examine the yacht prior to departure to determine that the vessel is in good working order and properly outfitted. Acceptance by the charterer certifies that the duties of Texas Sailing have been fulfilled. If Texas Sailing is unable to deliver the yacht or a substitute at the time of the charter, the charter will be cancelled and the deposit/cost of charter will be refunded.
3. Insurance: The yacht is covered by a standard commercial marine yacht policy insuring against direct physical loss to the vessel (subject to deductibles), and bodily injury and physical damage , subject to certain conditions and limitations. The Yacht Damage Waiver (YDW) protects the charterer and crew for loss and damage to the yacht and equipment less the specified deductible/deposit. However, charter and crew remain responsible for damage due to negligence or willful misuse of the yacht such as sailing outside of defined sailing hours or sailing under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. Competency: The charterer certifies the he/she is experienced and competent in handling the operation of a vessel the same type and size as the yacht chartered. Charterer also certifies that they have sufficient knowledge and seamanship, piloting, and rules of the road to charter said vessel.
5. Rates: Rates and information contained herein are subject to change without notice.
6. The Fine Print: Please read the Charter Agreement for the complete Terms and Conditions. The charter will operate under the Terms and Conditions as stated in the signed Charter Agreement.